Supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities in work, purpose and opportunity
Cameron’s Coffee & Chocolates
April 6, 2023
Cameron’s Coffee & Chocolates is a business enterprise of nonprofit Every1 Can Work and provides permanent employment opportunities for young adults living with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
At Cameron’s Coffee & Chocolates, employees with intellectual disabilities work alongside volunteers and culinary specialists to produce delicious chocolates as well as other food products and services. They develop essential workforce readiness skills that serve them beyond their time at the shop and into their broader lives and careers.
Cameron’s Coffee & Chocolates first opened in 2013 with three employees with intellectual disabilities. Today, it employs 23 workers with intellectual disabilities and is serving as a model to other U.S. states and nations on how to effectively empower individuals with disabilities. On October 1, 2023, Cameron’s Coffee & Chocolates will celebrate its 10th anniversary.
- First Lady Suzanne S. Youngkin Names April 2023 Spirit of Virginia Award - First Lady Press Release
- Virginia bakery that hires those with intellectual disabilities gets prestigious award - WJLA
- Cameron’s Coffee & Chocolates Receives First Lady Suzanne S. Youngkin’s Spirit of Virginia Award for 2023 - City of Fairfax Economic Development Authority
- VA: Governor Glenn Youngkin Visits Northern Virginia - GettyImages.co.uk
- Coffee and chocolates shop in Fairfax giving jobs to people with intellectual disabilities - WUSA
- Fairfax business receives Spirit of Virginia Award from governor, first lady - InsideNoVa
- Cameron’s in Fairfax Receives Spirit of Virginia Award - Northern Virginia Magazine
Official Governor Youngkin Photos by Shealah Craighead
Please direct questions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.