Healing families and providing hope for those affected by disaster
God's Pit Crew
November 17, 2023
God’s pit crew is a non-profit, faith-based disaster response team of over 1,100 volunteers who wish to serve others in their time of need.
Motivated by the devastating Oklahoma City tornados of 1999, Danville residents Randy and Terri Johnson began a mission to serve countless communities throughout Virginia, across the nation and abroad that have been affected by disaster.
Today, God’s Pit Crew has expanded to a national, volunteer-backed operation combatting humanitarian crises caused by wildfires, hurricanes and other disasters. In 2022, the organization distributed over 3.4 million pounds of food, water and essential products to individuals and families across the United States, as well as over 30,000 survival kits colloquially known as “Blessing Buckets.”
- First Lady Suzanne S. Youngkin Announces November 2023 Spirit of Virginia Award Recipient - Office of the First Lady
- Governor, First Lady Present State Award to Danville-Based God's Pit Crew - Danville Register & Bee
- Gov. Youngkin, First Lady Youngkin Present God’s Pit Crew With Spirit of Virginia Award - WSLS
- God’s Pit Crew Receives Spirit of Virginia Award from Governor and First Lady - WDBJ7
- Governor Youngkin and First Lady Suzanne Youngkin Present Spirit of Virginia Award to God's Pit Crew - 103.3 WAKG
- Danville nonprofit that provides disaster relief receives Spirit of Virginia Award - Cardinal News
Official Governor Youngkin Photos by Shealah Craighead
Please direct questions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.